Thursday, October 11, 2012

I Want More

My last race was great.  I got a medal for my 5k, which I know is a rarity.  Love it!

I don't mean to complain or anything, but I'm still feeling a little ripped off.  The swag was lacking.  The drawstring backpack was fun enough, but the junk inside was really just junk.  And yet, I can deal with that.  What I'm really bummed about is the other stuff.

I want the goods.  I want the better post-race snacks.  I want my name on my bib.  I want the bigger crowd along the route.  I want the fancy wicky t-shirt and slicker backpack swag bags.  I want the text messages sent to my BF as I cross mile markers on the route.  I want more...

I want the bumper sticker!

I don't want some measly 5k bumper sticker.  Nuh-uh.  I want a good one.  I want the 13.1.

So, that's it.  That's the silly thing that's got me motivated.  Not the BF's sweet way of gently asking (regularly) if I'll ever run a half.  Not the knowledge that my weight will fall off faster if I increase the miles.  Not even the better t-shirts and medals.

The bumper sticker.

It will be mine.  Oh yes, it will be mine.

Gimme.


No comments:

Post a Comment