Friday, February 22, 2013

Back to Blogging.. and Rocking


So, It's been a while since I blogged...


(insert lame excuse here)



Who cares about my list of reasons?  What matters is I am writing again.

Here are the fun reasons why I'm blogging again:

1) I got a new laptop! 
     Several years ago, TJ got sick right before Christmas and spewed all over our laptop.  Having an incredibly tight budget, I had to save a while before I could scrounge enough for a little netbook.  We've been living with that since. 
     Then, last summer, I got pedometers for all three of us and we set a goal: everyone walks 10,000 steps per day until we reach a certain amount.  (I think it ended up being something like 4 million.)  When we reached that amount, we could get a new laptop.  Of course, a tax refund would be needed to help it along.  ;)
     Anyway, TJ took it to heart, and kicked some serious pedometer butt.  It got old pretty quickly for the Beauty.  They did a lot of biking with their dad, so we got a little flexible on the number of steps necessary.  Bottom line, tax refund arrived, and I am typing on my lovely new laptop!  Whoop!  Whoop!

2)  I'm finally signed up for another race! 
     I got approved to attend a conference in Baltimore this March (some kind of miracle for my place of employment), so I looked to see what races were happening while I was there.  The BF will be flying out to meet me a day after I get there, and we're making a long weekend of it.
     Well, guess what race is going on in the area on March 16th??!?!?!? 
THE ROCK AND ROLL MARATHON!!!!!! 

         -----wait, wait, wait.... I'm not CRAZY!  I can't do a frigging marathon.  I'm not even ready for a half... so what was I to do?  I simply HAD to do a race that runs the length of the National Mall.  It goes past the White House, for crying out loud!

     So, I searched the Zen Labs apps that got me onto my couch to 5k and 10k, and found a 13.1 app that trains you to walk/run a half marathon.  Can you believe it?!?!  I was SO there!

3)  I got new shoes!  Tonight, the BF and I went to Run Away Shoes to get newer versions of our old shoes.   Oh...My...Gosh, are my new shoes ever AWESOME!!!!!
     My old ones were fine.  White and purple... yeah, whatever.  They were kinda ugly.  Every pair I've ever gotten has been ugly.  I've got these bummer huge flat feet that require some crazy butt support, and apparently the companies feel those types of runners don't want/deserve cute shoes.
     Well, not anymore, my friends!  Mizuno has made me some sweet shoes.  The same style as my last pair are now... wait for it...      FUN!             Seriously, I could only be more excited if they were red or pink.

 
 smurfy, right???

 
Don't they look speedy???

 
 
     I love these shoes.  I love these shoes.  I love these shoes!  They are, in case you are interested, Mizuno Wave Inspire 9s.
     But who cares about that?  They're cute!  :)
 
4) The BF has been crazy supportive.  For whatever reason, he finds my little blogging project fun, and he shows great interest.  So, this blog's for you, my darling BF! 
(insert your own "aww" or gagging noise, as you deem appropriate here.)
 
******************************************************************************
 
So, we are off!  In just over three weeks, the BF and I will be lining up beneath the Washington Monument to earn this bad boy:
 
 
 
 
I can't even believe it!  I'm so excited!  My plan, according to my lovely Zen Labs app, is to run 4 minutes, walk 1 minute, and repeat until I fall over dead, or earn myself my first serious medal.
 
 
Just think of how great this expo and swag bag is going to be!
 

 


Bring it!




No comments:

Post a Comment