Sunday, April 7, 2013

Ready, Set, Relay!

More Races

I'm signed up for the Bellin Run (10k) in Green Bay in June.  In need of more immediate motivation, I've been on the hunt for a race between now and then.  The BF and I tossed around a few options, but it's been challenging to find one we can fit in between my concert and children schedules.  One of the ideas we looked into was a relay half marathon.  I can't even remember why anymore, but that was yet another no-go.

Then, the BF emailed me.  "You're the best GF ever.  If you want to do a relay together, we could find a few more people and do this one.  You're the best GF ever."  (ok, that's probably not an exact quote, but it's close.;)  The BF was suggesting the Cellcom Green Bay Marathon Relay.  www.cellcomgreenbaymarathon.com


What A Fine Idea, BF!

Well, he didn't have to say another word. I was quickly on the prowl for other runners.  Any coworker that passed by (that I knew worked out regularly) got an ask.  The BF also emailed his friend in Janesville.  I was surprised at the large number of people we knew who could pull off a 5-mile leg of a race just 40-some days away.  How cool is that?  Not only did we fairly easily get these three to commit, but we had several other people say they'd do it if we needed.  We didn't even get around to asking all the people we thought might do it. 

So, a few short days later, we got our team together.  I'll be on the shortest leg with what I'm sure will also be our slowest leg.  Needless to say, I keep reminding everyone that we are not chasing a fast time.  ;)  Everyone seems excited about the idea of a relay.  I'm very pumped!  A relay with the BF (with or without others as well) has been on my "running bucket list."  (Believe it or not, I don't actually have that list written down.  I should do that... ;)


Relay Roster

Our team consists of:
Me
The BF
DDS- The BF's friend
KP- my coworker, who I know sometimes runs in a skirt (respect)
and DZ- another coworker, who I think could see the beauty of running skirts (even if she hasn't tried one yet)

I'm particularly excited to run with the BF's friend.  In all my time hanging out with the BF, I've yet to meet this guy.  What better time than right before we run a relay together?
But wait... I won't be able to fiddle around with meeting DDS at the expo. Expos are important!!  I can't waste precious time on introductions.  I need to focus on my swag!

Nope, it will have to wait until race morning.

"Hi.  Nice to meet you.  Let's go get some medals!"


But First...

Unfortunately, before we actually sign up, we need a name.  Ugh.  That's a toughie.


Any ideas????




Thanks for reading. :)








1 comment:

  1. Relays are fun!

    Our Ragnar team was "Wait, We're A Team?" I just ran the Cherry Blossom with team "Gu'ed in my pants."

    (We're a little strange!)

    ReplyDelete